Stone Balancing and natural sculpture
Land Art and natural sculpture to connect with the environment
What is Stone Balancing?
Our Stone Balancing and natural sculpture workshops offer children the opportunity to explore the outside environment and
get creative using foraged materials. They will learn about how artists have used the environment as their inspiration and resource for theirwork. Stone Balancing is an art form practiced all over the world, children will gain an understanding of how following simple science principles can lead to the most amazing and seemingly impossible creations.
The day will finish with the much loved ‘most stones stacked on top of each other’ competition’.
Key Learning Points
The Arts –
Creating and making artwork out of natural materials.
Environment and Nature –
Exploring the outdoor world and how we interact with it.
Looking at how we can use natural forces to make artistic statement.
Confidence building –
Creating, achieving and sharing.
Working together to develop and realise ideas.
We would love to discuss how Stone Balancing can become part of your learning experience. Our contact details are below or you can use the form to drop us a line.
They look almost human…
What folks have said about Stone Balancing…
- Great fun and innovative – suitable for all ages.
- Really enjoyed the sessions and will use the ideas within my play sessions.
- Brilliant, simple way to use boxes with loads of ways to use creativity.
- Another fun-filled activity and well run and organised.
- Innovating fun and stimulating for simple ideas.
- Fantastic and fun.
- Very creative and interactive.
- Super ideas.
- Good ideas of how to use large construction.
- Great! The Children love it!
- Great idea, fun interactive session.
- Imaginative and insightful.
- Loved being able to be a child again + use imagination no wrong or right.
- A great idea for all ages.
- Super workshop…..
- Excellent ideas – very fun too.
- Took me back to my childhood of making dens! No technology, just a simple basic imagination fun!
- Good fun!
- This was interesting and fun and sometimes completely new and exciting. It was great team work and so fun, we made a pirate ship!!
- Fun ways of learning and making areas and bringing out children’s imaginations.
- The only limit is imagination – such a brilliant ideas for very little financial cost.
- Excellent. Think this would be a good way to engage parents especially dads.
- Brilliant – really enjoyable and some good ideas.
- Great idea, not an everyday activity but hope will be able to try it out with the whole school – possibly in summer so can do it outside.
- Loved this workshop – reminded me of my childhood – some great ideas.
- Fabulous fun creative.
- Brilliant workshop and very creative.
- Great to build with cardboard boxes and work together to build a den.